Can't Register Playlists with MPCHC via Command Line
|Reported by:||ruler2112||Owned by:||underground78|
There are /regvid and /regaud switches built in to mpc-hc.exe to register itself as the player for video files and audio files. However, neither of these options sets the association for playlists. (asx, m3u, pls, wvx, wax, wmx, and mpcpl extensions) One of the following should be done:
- An option added, like /regpl, that would set these extensions to be opened with MPC-HC. IMO, this is the much preferable solution.
- One or both of the existing switches should set the playlist extensions to MPC-HC.
I have a large batch file that I use to ready systems after an install, doing everything in an automated manner. Something like this requires me to either manually muck around in the registry after install (something I'm hesitant to do given the differences in versions of windoze), try to remember to go back and set it manually after install, or just live with it not being set correctly.
Change History (10)
comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by underground78
- Owner set to underground78
- Status changed from new to accepted
comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by underground78
- Component changed from New to Solved
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from accepted to closed